Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a lacey basket?

materials

I almost threw these old lacey curtains away...

For the past few years they've been hanging in the bedroom of Master Six. Now for those of you who haven't met Master Six... let's just say that he's not the most delicate creature to grace our household! He's a boy's boy through and through - a middle child - wild, crazy, and more than just a little bit full on.

As you can imagine... those poor lace curtains didn't really stand a chance. I repaired the first few holes, but after that it just became ridiculous...

So the curtains are down, and replaced by a less destructible blind.

I can't believe I almost threw them away...

They've been through the wash, and are ready to use. I'm planning to make a basket for Little Miss Four's dolls to sleep in. I think I'll cut it into 2cm widths, and then crochet the basket using my 20mm hook (which some of you might remember as the 'table leg')

It will be my first time crocheting WITH lace... stay tuned to hear how it goes...

4 comments:

heklica said...

Yuu-huuu! The table leg rides again! I can't wait for the result, they're always fun with this hook :)

laughing purple goldfish said...

fun AND speedy... my favourite combination :)

PLR said...

I too have a bag of curtains ready to be tossed...never thought of crocheting them into something 'new'!
Hmmm... I wonder what it will be?

kaRR said...

i love crochet! AND OOOH how i love your work! great job! yours are unique and indeed stylish!